- Tanya Pinto takes a sabbatical to volunteer at Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Calcutta, India. The experience is life-changing and leads her to help the children in the orphanage in small ways through buying them underwear, school supplies and sweets.
- 6 projects = 1,500 children in Calcutta & Chennai
- Baal Dan Charities was formed as a US-based 501(c)(3) non profit corporation.
- “Baal” means “Child” and “Dan” means “Donation”.
- Baal Dan Chapters open in Dallas and UT Austin.
- 13 projects = 2,000 children in Calcutta, Chennai, Bihar & Delhi
- Tanya Pinto awarded the Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Award for Uplifting Human Values.
- Baal Dan awarded “Charity of the Month” Award from Search Kindly, a Google company.
- 17 projects = 3,000 children in Calcutta, Hyderabad, Jaipur & Kerala
- Baal Dan Chapters open in New York, Chicago, Dubai and UT Dallas.
- 12 projects = 900 children in Calcutta, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kerala, Rishikesh, Varanasi
- 16 projects = 1,270 children in Calcutta, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kerala, Varanasi & Delhi
- Baal Dan fully funds its first orphanage home for 16 girls called “Bachpan” constructed and operated by the Barrackpore Avenue Society in Barrackpore, outside of Calcutta.
- Tanya Pinto awarded “Woman of the Year”, The Women’s Empowerment Network and Convention (WECAN), Harvard University
- 16 projects = 1,270 children in Calcutta, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kerala, Varanasi, Delhi, Saversai & Kaliyampoondi
- Baal Dan funds its first school, constructed and operated by Project Mala. The school provides education for 150 children in Turkahan Village (Mirzapur area) near Varanasi.
- Baal Dan fully funds its second orphanage home for 14 boys called “Bachpan Boys Home” constructed and operated by the Barrackpore Avenue Society in Barrackpore, outside of Calcutta.
- Tanya Pinto is awarded the “John Curtin Medal” for humanitarian service and leadership.
- Baal Dan Chapters open in Perth, Australia and Hyderabad, India.
- 14 projects = 1,101 children in Calcutta, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Rishikesh, Kerala, Varanasi, Delhi, Kaliyampoondi & Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
- Baal Dan hosts its biggest ever Kids Day with over 25 volunteers from major companies such as HSBC, Dell, Google and Deloitte in India.
- Baal Dan Chapters open in London, Boston, Detroit and SMU Dallas.
- Baal Dan Goes Global! Projects helped in India, Haiti, Pakistan, Zambia, South Africa and Ethiopia.
- Baal Dan gets chosen as featured charity on the Hunger Site and for a grant from the Greater Good Foundation.
- New website launched and several new videos posted on YouTube.
- Auction of Baal Dan children’s artwork in NYC and Dallas.
- Projects helped in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Tibet, Honduras, Haiti, Senegal, Zambia, South Africa and Ethiopia.
- Baal Dan featured as a charity of choice on The Hunger Site and Greater Good Foundation
- Baal Dan provides funding for disaster relief efforts for the Nepal earthquake
- Baal Dan starts focusing on funding food programs through its “Food Mission” initiative.